Hello everybody. Today we are excited to announce the official kick-off meeting for the Output Transforms VWG. (finally! )
We invite you to join our kick-off meeting, which will be held three weeks from today: Wednesday, December 2nd, 1 pm PST.
(Note: Here is a calendar item for this event only, or you can subscribe to the Output Transforms calendar. An Outlook calendar invite will be sent in the coming days to participants of other VWGs for which we already have emails.)
This groups goals are to:
- Establish requirements for a new set of ACES Output Transforms
- Design new Output Transforms that fulfill those requirements
- Document all of the above
In the 3 weeks prior to this meeting, we are asking the community (you!) to please do the following:
- Review the Output Transform Working Group Proposal
- Reply to this thread with your wish-list items, gripes, or any points that you most want addressed by the new system. Here are some example prompts:
- What are your top requirements for a V2 rendering transform?
- What are your top issues or complaints about the current transforms?
- What’s on your wishlist for the new transforms?
We have of course heard many of these points before, but it will be helpful to hear them again so they are freshly seen and so we can more easily compile them. Your input will be used to construct the agenda to focus and guide our kick-off discussion(s) so that we can make them as productive as possible.
We are yet not pre-supposing any solution or particular architecture. The first phase of meetings will be to establish firm requirements that fix current issues and ensure ACES 2.0 is robustly constructed to provide for new or previously unanticipated use cases. Once we’ve established the requirements, anything is on the table that will best fulfill those requirements.
Everyone will, of course, have an opportunity to discuss the nuances of their points in the VWG meetings.
We are looking forward to hearing your responses here and then seeing many of you on December 2nd.
Note: If you cannot attend this meeting, worry not! We recognize that not everyone has the time or the desire to sit and watch an entire hour meeting. Therefore, in addition to our normal meeting recordings w/ transcriptions, we will also post detailed notes of the meeting discussion.