Are recordings/ videos of past VWG GoToMeetings no longer accessible?

Hi there,
not sure if I am doing something wrong here or if the backlogs of the VWG meetings are getting deleated/ restricted after a certain time, but I can no longer access recordings/ transcripts of past meetings. As far as I can remember, you could always just rewatch past meetings.

The VWG meeting I am trying to access: GoTo Meeting Transcripts

Has something changed here or am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards :slight_smile:

If you can tell me what meeting or date this is supposed to link to I might be able to help. However, right now I can only follow the broken link so I can’t go into our end and check what might be wrong.

Adding on, yes there may be some restrictions for older meetings (> 1 yr). However, all meeting recordings and transcripts are archived offline for when the cloud recording may expire, but expired links are usually not updated to the Dropbox location. However I should hopefully be able to connect you with whatever meeting you are looking for

Thanks for fast reply!
I’m afraid I can’t give you an exact date because I have not documented it.

I can only offer you the following:

• that I watched the meeting recording on January 28th, 2022.
  • that Alex Fry and Kevin Wheatley were presenting at the meeting and were discussing the actual implementation/use of ACES in productions and how Framestore is not (at the time) working with the “vanilla” version of ACES’s RRT but rather inversing, modifying, and adding to it.

Here are some screenshots from Alex Fry and Kevin Wheatley’s part of the meeting:

I hope that helps and thanks again

Edit: date

@sdyer just a quick follow-up. I misread my own notes. . . I watched the meeting on January 28th, 2022.

According to the notes, the only time Kevin specifically referred to not using pure ACES at Framestore was Meeting #2 back on December 16th 2020.

But the link posted is not to the recording of that meeting (or any others from the Output Transform VWG). Could it have been a presentation to the TAC?

The link I posted is the one I had in my notes. Entirely possible that I copied the wrong one back in January 2022. I specifically remember Kevin W. being present, so I would think that it probably is the meeting from December 16th 2020.

I am not really sure if this was a presentation to the TAC or not. :confused:

Other parts of the meeting/ presentation had the following slides/ images in it (maybe this narrows it down)

That definitely looks like a TAC meeting to me

Not sure if this is a different issue then, but are the recordings for the TAC meetings generally still available as well?

Hello,

the meeting you are looking for is the TAC meeting of February 2021. Kevin mentioned it at 1:02:28.
I would be interested to get a copy of the recording or a link.

Thanks,
Chris

PS : Scott, if possible, I will give you a list of meetings I would be happy to keep track of. Thanks !

Thank you all for your help so far!

@sdyer , @nick - I’m sure you have other things to do, but is there a way I can get a functional link to the TAC meeting in question? I am trusting Chris more on this, as the link in my notes might be faulty or the wrong one.

The link to the TAC meeting that Chris was mentioning can be found in his article: “OCIO, Display Transforms and Misconceptions”.

Link to the TAC meeting: GoTo Meeting Transcripts

Btw @ChrisBrejon, thank you for the great article “OCIO, Display Transforms and Misconceptions”!

Kind regards
Justin (Jobbel)

Here is the announcement of the meeting if it can help to find the recording :

Thanks Justin. The article is mostly based on my conservations with Jed and Troy. Trying to understand and share what they have figured out. It will probably need an update at some point.

Regards,
Chris

1 Like

For some reason TAC meetings weren’t being backed up. So unfortunately, I don’t think that recording still exists. I’ll make sure future TAC meetings get recorded.

1 Like

Oh what, really . . . that is unfortunate.
Thank you for the effort and the commitment for future TAC meetings, very much appreciated!