Creating a standalone image colorspace converter for ACES

Hey Wilhelm! Super interested in the batch converter. I tried a few ways to set it up myself, but my Python skills are, well, not really skills lol. I am able to run ocioconvert.exe from command line and convert single textures one at a time. Trying to get it to batch convert textures from a specific folder or directory is where things start to get hairy for me. Ay share of what you have would be killer, or even just insight on how to set that up myself would be appreciated.

That said, what you’ve got going @MrLixm looks absolutely kick ass. Having a standalone app with GUI is exactly what I’ve been looking for. Can’t wait to see it.

2 Likes

hi ryan,

i am doing the batch converting directly in maya with a python script at the moment by selecting textures in the filepath editor and auto-replacing with the converted textures in the file node, but the maya script is very rudimental (no ui, hardcoded) and is suited to redshift renderer.
but i think that a simple .bat with a loop inside can do the job by iterating files in a directory…but i am not so familiar with the .bat syntax…

Hi @MrLixm! Just wondering if you had advanced the GUI version of you app since June. Would be keen on trying it out. Cheers!

1 Like

Hey Charles,
the script is finished since July and you can find it’s topic here:

I will be happy to have your feedback on it ^^