Gamut Compression - Checking In!

Hi @michaelch , super good news. While you’re here, can you tell us whether the Windows version of Resolve will ever support HDR previewer same as the Mac version? Right now, I have to tell people that they have to place hacked system DLLs in Resolve folder to force the creation of a PQ swapchain whenever they want to preview PQ content in Resolve. Of course, this breaks non-PQ workflows but it’s the best I got.

To all, sorry for hijacking the thread.

Is there a chance to see ACEScg in “color science” setting?
And if it will be added some day, then the current bug with wrong OOTF in HDR palette could probably get higher priority for fixing? For now seems like there is hidden unnecessary OOTF is applied in HDR palette when timeline color space is set to Linear. So conversion from Linear to Linear that is used in Global wheel is incorrect now.

I found another bug in Resolve RGC implementation. It doesn’t work when custom DCTL IDT is used. I tried it with custom Alexa AWG Linear IDT and those high dynamic range carousel images, that are in AWG Linear, and turning on RGC has no effect on the image.

This bug is fixed now (v17.4.3). Thanks!

Hope this one will be fixed soon as well.