Gamut Mapping Part 2: Getting to the Display

I personally think OpenDRT is much closer to being a candidate than anything else. I have looked at your v0.0.90 and it’s pretty great. Overall, i am quite impressed with where it stands. It definitely produces better results for many of the known issues and seems to meet most of the requirements. I’ll summarize some thoughts and questions on a separate thread soon (since this thread is quite long).

I am taking a closer look at the modules contained within 1) so I can better understand each step’s role and 2) to see if/where we might be able to make it even simpler. I think the most important thing is how it adapts across different devices. I know you’ve given this a lot of thought but I haven’t really tested and seen what it can do yet. I think with some more exploration of its behavior across different devices I expect that we can probably use most of what your efforts have produced and push it toward being a candidate.

4 Likes

This post had diverged off-topic into sRGB EOTF discussions. A really good conversation to keep in it’s own place, so I have moved everyone’s posts relating to gamma 2.2 and sRGB piecewise EOTF to a separate thread. Please see: sRGB piece-wise EOTF vs pure gamma

4 Likes

Hello may I ask where to find these test files you are using?

Here : Dropbox - Output Transform Image Submissions - Simplify your life @MatthewJavelin

Thank you so much!, very much appreciated.