Notice of Meeting - ACESlog VWG - December 6th, 2023

ACESlog VWG Meeting

Wednesday, December 6th, 2023
11:30am PDT Add to Calendar (.ics)

Dropbox Paper homepage for this group:

NOTE: We will be using Zoom for this meeting.

You may join via computer/smartphone (preferred) which will allow you to see any presentations or documents that are shared, or you can join using a telephone which will be an audio only experience.

Please note that meetings are recorded and transcribed and open to the public. By participating you are agreeing to the ACESCentral Virtual Working Group Participation Guidelines.

Audio + Video
Topic: ACES Virtual Working Group Meetings
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting

Or follow this link: bit.ly/acesvwg

Meeting ID: 993 4048 4145
Passcode: 972426
One tap mobile
+16699006833,99340484145#,*972426# US (San Jose)
+16694449171,99340484145#,*972426# US

Meeting ID: 993 4048 4145
Passcode: 972426
Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom

Hi, is there no recording of this meeting?

Best regards

Daniel

1 Like

Yes! Sorry, it was linked on the Dropbox homepage but link wasn’t put here. I’ll try to remember to do that for future meetings.

1 Like

Thanks Scott,

I found the link.

It’s a bit off topic, but on a still running project we got drone footage as ProRes RAW.
We don’t have a Baselight or Scratch available, so we converted the ProRes RAW files with Apple Compressor to D-Log with Rec.2020 primaries (this is the proposed default that is set automatically) as ProRes 4444 files.
Only now we were able to further process the footage in Resolve and later work with it in Nuke (ACES).

In Nuke we have seemingly clipped blacks with a ACES Rec.709 ODT, but in reality the darkest shadow pixels are all just filled with a lot of negative values.

I wonder if nowadays the default knob in the grade node in nuke to clamp at “zero” is the best choice if we may encounter more and more negative values from camera encodings.

In this case I am not really sure if something unwanted is happening in the Apple Compressor conversion step.

Best

Daniel