Rawtoaces updates?

Hey all,

Does anybody know if rawtoaces is still being updated? I became somewhat dependent on it for grading stills, but I haven’t been able to get to work or re-install correctly for quite a few months now due to apparent dependency compatibility issues, and all of the open issues and pull requests on the GitHub seem to have been open for quite a while. Anybody have any insight?

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t seem to be able to install rawtoaces via brew anymore… says the formula has not been found.

Has the tool been discontinued? I see the Github repository being updated but I rather not get into compiling from source if I can avoid.

Thanks in advance

@Thomas_Mansencal 's docker in the main rawtoaces thread helped me! Although was quite a bit ago

1 Like

Hi,

The repository has been transferred to the ASWF and is in the process of being overhauled. We will keep the community updated in a timely fashion!

Cheers,

Thomas

1 Like

Thanks Thomas, that’s great news.

It would be good if there was a bit more documentation as to how to add our own spectral data if we have the raw data available. And hopefully black box IDTs are going to have a role to play here too!

Edit: I did manage to get my custom spectral data json file recognised, but it was hacky, and it was a while ago.

I just wanted to add that I had not noticed the additional notes in the readme on how to add a custom dataset in the correct json schema. This does look helpful, along with batch processing suggestions. I also used exiftool to batch add make/model tags beforehand so that the correct dataset is applied.

I’m looking to set up a small Linux machine as a dedicated ingest box, so I hope to have rawtoaces more robustly running despite its age and lack of development. I’m also looking forward to seeing the next iteration, apparently in the form of a web-based tool.

Any comments on Weta’s PhysLight that has a very similar spectral dataset schema?

Hi,

What’s the latest on this project? The ASWF repo has not had updates since Summer 2020. We have tried to build it here and had to fork it to get some dependencies up to date and working and so far only succeeded in getting it working inside a docker container.

Is there a timeline for an official update? @Thomas_Mansencal

Many thanks
Simon

@simonfrenchvfx we are waiting on a major architectural change from one of the contributors, hence the reasons things have been quiet. We expect it to come sooner rather than later.

Hi,

Is there a roadmap update after the one illustrated at the ASWF - Open Source Days 22?

Many thanks,
Marco

I would pose that question to the rawtoaces channel on the aswf slack:

Unfortunately we are still in a holding pattern but I expect the dam to break very soon. So sorry to those who have been waiting on this but if things go the way we hope, it’ll have been worth the wait.

Alex

1 Like