Sony Venice + DaVinci Resolve

Hi there.

Sorry if this has been asked already. But about to do my first Aces/Sony Venice DIT job. I’ve never implemented a ACES workflow before, coupled with working with the Sony Venice, I’m trying my best to get to grips with this new workflow

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting up the correct project in DaVinci Resolve, if there were any tutorials speficially for ACES/Sony Venice workflows I could look at, and/or any other useful tips people would be willing to pass on.

Many Thanks in advance

1 Like

It is the same as with any other Sony camera. I know Sony has been working on an specific Venice IDT but it is not available yet i believe.
If you’re recording XOCN resolve will debayer automatically to linear/ACES. If is XAVC then choos the IDT that matches your recording settings (Slog3/SG3 or Slog3/SG3.cine).
Regards

1 Like

Hello, do you know if Sony has releases specific IDT to work with XOCN? I have some doubts on how to monitor correctly Slog3/SG3.cine in an ACES workflow.

Thanks, Martin.

2 Likes

Thanks for your first post…welcome!

1 Like

Sorry for my very late reply. XOCN doesn’t need a different IDT than SonyRAW. Sony has developed a new IDT for Venice only (RAW and XOCN) which is available and part of ACES v1.2