Test files for CLF implementation deliverables

Dear CLF Implementation working group members:

We agreed at a previous meeting that we want to produce a set of test CLF files that would be part of our deliverables for implementers.

Following up on my action item, I’ve created a spreadsheet on Google Docs with a list of proposed CLF test files. This is based on the set of files currently in OpenColorIO on GitHub, but I also proposed a few others (yet to be added).

The main purpose of the spreadsheet is to make our discussions more concrete by being able to refer to very specific test files.

Please edit the spreadsheet or reply in this thread to add a description of any tests you think are missing. Please add comments on any tests you don’t like.

The files on GitHub are still for CLF v2, so they need to be updated to v3 and have a few other fixes made (I’ve started making notes to that effect in the spreadsheet).

This is just a strawman/starting point, we will discuss further at our meeting tomorrow.

Here is the link:

thanks!

Doug

I’ve added 4 more entries (94-97) to the spreadsheet as suggestions. Are these valuable additions?

index / ID description
94 Lut1D with >65536 entries
95 8i Lut1D (minimum 1D resolution) to confirm floating-point processing
96 Lut3D with >128 entries per side
97 Range maxInValue < minInValue
1 Like

Thanks for these suggestions Chris and for the review of the spreadsheet!

I have made a pull request on GitHub which expands and refactors the CLF test collection in OpenColorIO to better facilitate its use for this project:

I will add another commit to update with your suggestions. (Although, per discussion yesterday, the large Lut3D > 128x128x128 we will just describe in the guide due to the large size of the file required.)

I will also update the spreadsheet as I reorganized things quite a bit and added a bunch of new CLF files.

Doug