Colour inaccuracies and config files

Thanks all for your inputs and explanations.

Thanks @sdyer,
I perfectly understand that all configs can’t be and shouldn’t be, included. Like the extensive IDT list provided, it would quickly become indigest.

The P3 D60 st2084 is pretty standard and well spread though as it is the one to use for Netflix HDR deliveries and Dolby vision deliveries. I understand that the 105nits might be a good one for a cinema/projector preview. And the 1000nits would be its equivalent ODT while working on those cg files, on a HDR monitor.

Now, I can save the CTL file of that particualr P3 ODT. @nick could you detail how I can build the OCIO config file myself? Without CTL experience and knowledge I’m afraid this might be out of my expertise.

Any help to include this ODT to my OCIO config would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Vincent

Do you mean P3D65 delivery (specs) ? I think to keep your D60 creative whitepoint you would have to embed it in the P3D65 container with a simulation but it’s not correctly working / supported in the 1.1 release if I remember correctly.

Thanks Remi,
I will check that as well then.

I am wondering mainly about the 1000 nits version of that ODT. How to include it in a OCIO config. Without it we are pretty stuck…

Basically you would need to :

• Clone ampas/aces-dev repository and checkout develop branch which contains the RRTODT.Academy.P3D65_1000nits_15nits_ST2084.ctl added by @sdyer
  • Clone colour-science/OpenColorIO-Configs and follow the instructions here

The hard part is to have the dependencies correctly setup I think.

1 Like

Thank you Remi. I will give that a go.

Cheers,
Vincent