Sous la glace winning 2020 GSA BAFTA Film Award in Animation

Hello,

just wanted to share with you the good news. :wink:
As you guys know, I teach at ENSI where we have switched to a Full ACES CMS : our rendering space is ACEScg, our ODT is Rec.709 (ACES).

The Short Film, Sous la glace, has won the 2020 GSA BAFTA Film Award in Animation. Here is a couple of links if you want to feast your eyes :

There are some really cool short films from the 2020 promotion coming out this year. All done in ACES as well !

Regards,

Chris

5 Likes

Added to our ACES Productions list!

Thanks ! This is great !

Congrats Christophe! The project overview on “The Rookies” is beautiful.

It’s really great to see students being taught a proper color workflow (for a change!). :slight_smile:

Doug

2 Likes

Thanks @doug_walker ! Every year I start the “lighting week” by a full day on color management when students (and myself) are still fresh. It is quite entertaining ! :wink:

4 Likes

Hello all,

an ENSI short film finally got released after a year going through festivals.

Experiment :

Rendered in ACEScg and Rec.709 (ACES) for Display Transform.

Enjoy !

2 Likes

And just to close this thread, the full short film “Sous la glace” :

Rendered in ACEScg and Rec.709 (ACES) for Display Transform.

Enjoy !

2 Likes

nice. and you got a ‘special thanks’ :slight_smile:

That’s really lovely @ChrisBrejon . Reminds me of traditional Chinese/Japanese watercolor paintings. Love the color choices and elegant aesthetics

Hello,

here is one of the latest short films done by ENSI. Rendered in ACEScg and displayed with the Rec.709 (ACES) Output Transform :

Hope you like it. This is a gem !

Chris

3 Likes

/sarcastic_hat_on

Damn, those hue skews, insupportable!

/sarcastic_hat_off

Joke aside, that was disturbingly cool!

I knew that by sharing here, I would be exposed to sarcasm. I guess that is fair game.

I am glad you liked the short film though. It is a great piece of art and the team was top notch.

And for what is worth, the issue about hue skews is that they are always the same. But I guess this is fine for our “lowest common denominator”.

Regards,
Chris