Hi everyone, this is a nice R3D HDRx issue I want to share with you. It’s going me crazy.
So please take a look at the artifacts highlighted in red in the frames below.
This happen around specular lights and reflections.
Color grading system → Resolve 17.3
Color science → Aces 1.2
Color space → Acescct
Primaries → AP0
Footage → .R3D 5k with HDRx
Debayer → Full
MacPro 2012, GPU 2x AMD D700
The artifacts appear only when ACES color science is selected in project settings and when HDRx is enabled with ‘Magic Motion’ option.
This doesn’t happen when using default Resolve YRGB color science or in RedCine-X software.
I made these tests:
- different Debayer settings → FAILED;
- different scaling algorythm settings → FAILED;
- LMT GamutCompress dctl → FAILED;
- LMT FixHighlight dctl → FAILED;
- SoftClip → FAILED;
- blur, nr, geometry transform, glow fx, all sorts of defocus on highlights → FAILED;
- AP1 primaries switch from AP0 → FAILED;
- different workstation, different GPU → FAILED.
It seems some kind of bug due to incorrect interpretation of specular highlights and reflections.
Has anyone found the same issue down the road?
Thanks for reading.