Output Transforms Architecture VWG Meeting
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
1pm Pacific time Add to Calendar (.ics)
Dropbox Paper homepage for this group:
We use the same GoToMeeting URL and phone numbers for all VWG meetings.
You may join via computer/smartphone (preferred) which will allow you to see any presentations or documents that are shared, or you can join using a telephone which will be an audio only experience.
Please note that meetings are recorded and transcribed and open to the public. By participating you are agreeing to the ACESCentral Virtual Working Group Participation Guidelines.
Audio + Video
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
Dial the closest number to your location and then follow the prompts to enter the access code.
** United States: +1 (669) 224-3319 **
** Access Code: 241-798-885 **
More phone numbers:
Australia: +61 2 8355 1038
Austria: +43 7 2081 5337
Belgium: +32 28 93 7002
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9379
Denmark: +45 32 72 03 69
Finland: +358 923 17 0556
France: +33 170 950 590
Germany: +49 692 5736 7300
Ireland: +353 15 360 756
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Netherlands: +31 207 941 375
New Zealand: +64 9 913 2226
Norway: +47 21 93 37 37
Spain: +34 932 75 1230
Sweden: +46 853 527 818
Switzerland: +41 225 4599 60
United Kingdom: +44 330 221 0097
Here is the meeting recording & transcript
@nick will be doing his usual full summary writeup, but in the meantime, here were my notes on some of the possible work items that surfaced during today’s call that we could work on while the pre-test and wider testing is going on.
- Define and outline all potential parameters for ODTs. (e.g. white point adaptation, primary encoding, primary constraints, inverse EOTF, potential gamut mapping, etc). Make a skeleton framework and set the order of operations.
- Deeper analysis of the differences seen primarily in reds and blues - try to define which is the “most correct” behavior.
- Explore swapping CAM16 into ZCAM-based model
- Animated plots comparing ZCAM gamut mapping and smart-clipping algorithm, particularly in blues
- Begin a “progress report” - Summarize what the group has discussed and discovered thus far and explain what was talked about and why we did not further pursue certain topics.
- Explore dim vs dark surround adjustments.
- How necessary are they? What should/shouldn’t be included? (e.g. gamma adjustment, saturation, etc.)
- Perhaps explore what using a CAM would adjust and see if can be simplified with basic adjustments.
- As with other parameters, should have option to “turn it off”
Here are the notes from meeting #56
if you guys want to write a little retrospective about the OT VWG, Here is a list of some of the important AC threads that happened over the past 18 months. It is possible that I forgot about one or two though.